I fell in love with tahini sauce after making the yummy Warm Butternut Squash & Chickpea Salad with Tahini Dressing. The nutty flavour is just irresistible. Ever since then, I’ve been putting it in almost everything, from stews, stir-fries to even soups! I even had it with linguine. After awhile, the wild boar started complaining about my obsessive use of tahini which I ignored and soon after I think the wild boar got really sick of it and hid it in an obscure corner of the kitchen.
and this is where I keep most of my sauce…right next to the stove.
I got his hint and stopped using it for awhile. But recently I was craving for it again, so I made this dish. The wild boar did not complain and told me it was really tasty and yummy! Does that mean I can start using it more in my dishes again? =P
- 6 Chicken Thighs & Drumsticks
Spicy tahini sauce:
- 1/3 cup Tahini
- 3 tbs Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1 tsp freshly ground Black Peppercorn
- 1/2 tbs Red Chilli Flakes
- 3 cloves Garlic – minced
- 1 Lemon’s Zest
- 1/2 Lemon’s Juice
- 3 tbs Water
- 1/2 tsp (or more) Salt
- In a casserole dish, whisk together all ingredients for sauce except lemon juice, water and salt.
- Mix in lemon juice. This will thicken sauce.
- Whisk in water, 1 tbs at a time until a smooth paste is formed.
- Add salt to taste.
- Add chicken and mix until every piece is coated with the sauce.
- Leave for at least 1 hr, even better overnight!
- Bake at 200°C until done (about 30-40 mins). Juices will run clear when the chicken is pierced with a knife/ fork.
I served it with lemon couscous with roasted courgettes and raisins.