Kenny, I used it to fry rice too! Apart from eating olive vegetable with rice porridge and using it in stir-fries (especially with long beans), fried rice seems to be another popular recipe. Fried rice is comfort food for me and I cook it at least once a week. It’s really versatile, simple and tastes so good. Whatever leftovers you have or if you are thinking of ways to get rid of bottles of sauces, fried rice is the way to go.
- 3 rice cups (1 rice cup=180ml) uncooked rice
- 1 large onion – diced
- 4 cloves garlic – pressed
- 1 1/2 cups (200g) fish cakes – cut into bite size
- 6 tbs olive vegetable 橄榄菜
- White pepper powder
- Chili oil flakes
- The day before, cook rice and leave to cool. Chill overnight in the fridge. Or early on the day, cook rice and leave to cool. Just make sure the rice is cold. Use a fork to break up the grains before frying.
- Heat up a bit of oil in a pan. Add onions, cook until soft and translucent.
- Add garlic, fry until fragrant.
- Add fish cakes, fry until cooked.
- Mix in olive vegetable, stir-fry until fragrant.
- Add cold rice, mix well with other ingredients.
- Season with pepper and chili. Add salt if needed btu it was salty enough for me with the olive vegetable.