Then Heavenly Housewife from From Donuts to Delirium left a comment saying:
It was very rich and tasty. The flavour was much more complex as compared to the simple cardamom chicken I made since so much more herbs and spices were involved. The cardamom flavour wasn’t very strong so I would suggest adding more cardamom if you want a stronger cardamom taste.
Adapted from From Donuts to Delirium
- 8 chicken pieces, on the bone
- 2 tbs of garam masala
- 7 cardamom pods – black seeds removed and pounded into powder
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp of chilli flakes
- 2 tsp of chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tsp of salt
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 150 g (5 oz) Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 onions – finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic – chopped
- 60 g(2 oz) cashews – toasted
- 2 tbs of tomato paste
- 2 tbs of olive oil
- Combine all ingredients for marinade. Mix into a paste. Cover the chicken pieces in the paste and let it sit overnight, covered and refrigerated.
- The next day, fry onions and garlic in olive oil until softened.
- Add chicken with any extra marinade, plus add just enough water to cover the chicken (I added about 3/4 cup).
- Stir in tomato paste.
- Bring to boil then lower heat to simmer until chicken is cooked.
- Reduce the liquid to a desired consistency (I like the sauce to be nice and thick, personally).
- Add salt to taste.
- Finally, add cashews just before serving.