Durian is everywhere again!
I'm guessing it is one of the most fattening fruits you can find since its flesh is so thick and creamy. But I just can't seem enough of it! So instead of double cream, I used cornstarch to thicken the ice-cream mixture. It was Y.U.M. Nuf said.
Durian Ice-CreamPrintable recipe
Prep time: 15 mins
Chill time: Overnight
Churn time: 25 mins
Yield: 3 cups
- 250 g durian flesh
- 2 cups milk
- 3 tbs sugar
- 2 tbs corn starch
- Blend durian flesh and 1/4 cup of milk until a smooth paste is formed.
- Heat up 1 1/2 cups of milk and sugar in a saucepan.
- In another small bowl, mix together 1/4 cup of milk and corn starch. Add this mixture to heated milk. Let this simmer for about 3 mins. Keep stirring.
- Remove mixture from heat and stir in durian mixture.
- Leave mixture to cool then refrigerate overnight.
- Freeze it in the ice-cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions.