The wedding and the 'group honeymoon' is over, so let's say bye-bye to steamed recipes and hi to more sinful dishes, well, at least for now.
Drunken Ribs with Chestnut 栗子排骨Printable recipe By
Prep time: 10 mins
Marinate time: 1 hr - overnight
Cook time: 1 hr
Yield: serves 3-4
- 1 slab of pork baby back ribs (about 1 kg) - membrane removed, chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 cup char siew sauce
- 1 thumb size ginger - grated
- 3 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 can (330 ml) beer (I used Carlsberg)
- 1 pack roasted and peeled chestnut snack
- Marinade ribs in char siew sauce, ginger and garlic for at least 1 hr, or preferably overnight.
- Combine ribs and beer into a pot, cover and bring to boil. Lower heat to simmer for 30 mins.
- Add all the chestnuts and leave to simmer uncovered until thickened (about 20-30 mins).
- Season to taste.