It's actually Actifried coriander and lime chicken to be more precise.
Looks like it's been grilled in the oven, doesn't it? If you are not familiar with the Tefal Actifry, here's a post about it. In short, it's a fryer that uses very little oil. It basically blows out dry hot air creating an effect similar to grilling or roasting in the oven. It is one of my most used kitchen gadgets now. I came across this recipe on Zurin's blog and it's a recipe adapted from Rachel Allen's recipe. The original recipe involves grilling the chicken in the oven, but since I don't have an oven, I used my Actifry. I am quite impressed with the results. The skin came out nicely browned and slightly charred. Delicious.
Grilled Coriander and Lime ChickenPrintable recipe
Prep time: 15 mins
Marinate time: 1 hr-overnight
Cook time: 30 mins
Yield: serves 4
- 1 whole (about 1 kg) chicken - chopped into pieces
- Juice of 5 small limes (2 cm in diameter each) (or to taste)
- 1 bulb garlic - peeled
- 50 g ginger - coarsely chopped
- 2 stalks lemongrass - coarsely chopped
- 1 red chili - coarsely chopped
- 50 g fresh coriander (include stem and roots) - coarsely chopped
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 1/2 tbs fish sauce
- Place all ingredients except the chicken into a food processor and blend until all ingredients are fairly finely processed. Season to taste.
- Mix together marinade and chicken, marinate for at least 1 hr, preferably overnight.
- Put chicken pieces in the
ActiFry. Close the lid and cook for about 20 mins. Pour in the rest of the marinade and continue cooking for another 10 mins or until browned.[OR roast in a pre-heated oven at 180°C for about 45-50 mins or until done.]