I love mushrooms and am always looking for different and delicious ways to cook them. This recipe is adapted from TasteHongKong's recipe. It is super easy and so delicious.
King oyster mushroom is also known as eryngii, 杏鲍菇 in Chinese. Instead of having a large brown cap, the cap is small as compared to its thick and meaty white stem. The texture is firm and remains tender, smooth and slightly chewy after cooking. The flavour is delicate, slightly nutty. This dish didn't need much seasoning as the pickled mustard green added saltiness and sweetness as well as a nice crunchy texture.
Stir-Fried King Oyster Mushrooms with Pickled Mustard GreenPrintable recipe
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Yield: serves 2
- 250 g king oyster mushroom - cut into matchsticks
- 1 can (net weight 140 g) pickled mustard green - sliced
- 1 red chili - sliced
- 3 cloves garlic - sliced
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- Sesame oil
- Heat up a bit of oil in a pan.
- Add chili and garlic, saute until fragrant.
- Add mushrooms, sir-fry until softened. Don't worry if it's too dry and brown bits start to form on the bottom of the pan, we'll deglaze that good stuff later.
- Mix in mustard green, stir-fry for a minute or so then add all the liquid from the can of pickled mustard green and stir-fry until dry.
- Season to taste with a bit of sugar.
- Lastly, drizzle a bit of sesame oil on the mushrooms before serving.