After the insanely rich and creamy roasted banana ice-cream I made earlier this month, the wild boar wanted something lighter and refreshing for a change.
This recipe is adapted from David Lebovitz' pink grapefruit-champagne sorbet recipe. I used Asti, a type of sweet white sparkling wine instead of champagne. Since the wine is quite sweet, I omitted the sugar and sweetened it with agave nectar. It's extremely refreshing with a mix of bitter and sweet flavours. Perfect for a hot summer day or after a spicy meal!
Pink Grapefruit-Asti SorbetPrintable recipe
Prep time: 20 mins
Chill time: Overnight
Churn time: 25 mins
Yield: 1 L
- About 600 ml fresh pink grapefruit juice (from about 4 fruits)
- 400 ml Asti
- 4 tbs agave nectar (more or less to taste)
- You should get about 600 ml of grapefruit juice from 4 fruits. Make up to 1 L of liquid with Asti.
- Add agave nectar to taste.
- Chill the mixture overnight then freeze it in the ice-cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions.