I never thought I'd say this, but I think I need a break from meat! We've been eating awful lots of meat lately especially beef. You might not noticed as I paced myself on the posting. I have a couple more recipes pending but I just couldn't bring myself to look at more meat pictures.
I never thought I'd say this too, but this is my current favourite vege dish. Vege plus my favourite, you will only hear this combo once. This dish is so simple and versatile. I usually add water and a bit of Knorr chicken powder. But I recently made a huge pot of home-made chicken stock and so I used that instead. If you are a fan of Marmite, that works too.
Easy Chinese Cabbage SoupPrintable recipe
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Yield: serves 2-3
- 1 head Chinese cabbage - cut into strips
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 3 tbs goji berries
- White pepper powder
- Place chicken stock into a pot and bring to boil.
- Add all the cabbage and leave to cook until they are wilted. This should take about 10 mins or less. [1 1/2 cups of liquid is not enough to cover all the cabbage, don't worry, the cabbage leaves give out a lot of water.]
- When all the leaves are soft, add goji berries and leave to simmer for another 5 mins.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Marmite works well too.
- If I run out of low sodium chicken stock, I use water + a bit of Knorr chicken powder.