Just figured it's been ages since I last posted a pasta recipe. Pasta is one of my favourite carbs and I cook it at least once a week. It is so versatile, so simple and a pasta dish can be prepared in less than half an hour. Pasta to me is like lazy food, which explains the lack of recipes, photos and posts.
This is my current favourite way of preparing pasta. The formula is pretty simple, lots of garlic, some chili (optional, I personally prefer spicy stuff), a handful of fresh herbs and some leftover meat (shellfish works best IMO). I usually just use whatever herbs at hand, most of the time it is parsley or coriander. Feel free to substitute the crab with whatever seafood or meat you like or have. The truffle oil is totally optional, but its addition transforms a comforting dish to outright luxurious.
Spicy Crab Angel Hair with Truffle OilPrintable recipe
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Yield: serves 2
- 130 g angel hair pasta
- 200 g crab meat (I used cooked crab meat)
- 1 bulb garlic - peeled and finely chopped
- 1 handful fresh coriander - finely chopped
- 1 red chili - de-seeded, finely chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbs truffle oil
- Boil pasta in salted boiling water according to packaging instructions.
- Heat up about 1 tbs of oil in another pan, fry garlic and chili until fragrant.
- Lower heat, add crab meat and coriander and cook until crab meat is warmed through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove heat and add in drained pasta. Mix to combine. Add a bit of pasta water or oil if hard to mix.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Lastly, stir in truffle oil and serve!