Happy New Year dear readers and I'm still alive!!! Sorry for my MIA for the past month as I've been REALLY busy...eating. Do check-out my FB page for all the good eats and also bad eats I had in Malaysia.
Yes, Malaysia - home sweet home =) I was home for about 2 months and managed to do a lot more other than just eating. Went for Bikram yoga classes, met up with a few wonderful bloggers (stay tuned for the details), went to China with my in-laws, got myself a Macbook (still struggling), cooked for my family (finally). I rarely cook at home since my stay is usually short and I want to eat out as much as possible. There's always too much to eat and too little time. Since I was home for about 2 months and the wild boar wasn't with me during the first month, I thought I'd do some home-cooking for my family. This was one of the few dishes I cooked. It is simple, tasty and looks pretty!
- 1 whole chicken
- 3 tbs nam yee南乳 (fermented red bean curd)
- 2 tbs sugar
- 1 tbs Shaoxing wine
- 1 tsp 5 spice powder
- 1 tsp white pepper powder
- 1/2 bulb garlic - peeled and pressedDirections:
- Butterfly a chicken. Learn how to butterfly a chicken here. Loosen skin by running a finger underneath the skin.
- Mix together all other ingredients and rub it all over the chicken. Rub some underneath the skin as well. Leave to marinate for at least 1 hr, preferably overnight.
- Roast in a 160°C (fan) pre-heated oven for about 45 mins or until done (juices should run clear when a skewer is inserted into the leg).