Do you bother cooking for yourself if you are home alone? Because I don't. I usually eat whatever I can find in the kitchen but very often cereal or 3-in-1 Milo. The only thing that I'd cook for myself is oats. Oats with matcha, agave nectar and a tablespoon of peanut butter...YUM! I can have that for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Call me crazy, yeah, crazy for oats! Some people crave for junk food, I crave for oats. Anyway, enough of oats. This is another post on another easy meal recipe. This dish can be done in less than 30 mins and even then, I won't bother cooking just for myself.
PS. Olive vegetable is my BEST find this year! You can read more about it here.
Ingredients: serves 3
- 2 1/2 rice cups uncooked rice - washed
- 1 tbs light soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp white pepper powder
- 1/2 cup olive vegetable 橄榄菜
- 2 sticks Chinese sausages - sliced
- 1 cup fish cakes - cut into bite size
*1 cup = 250 ml; 1 rice cup = 180 ml
*the 1/2 cup of olive veg is after squeezing out most of the oil. It was about 3/4 cup before discarding the oil.
- Microwave the sausages for about 1 min. You will see a lot of oil in the container. Soak up the oil with kitchen towels.
- Mix together rice, light soy sauce, sugar, pepper and enough rice to cook rice in a rice cooker pot. Start cooking the rice.
- As soon as the rice cooker starts steaming, pour in olive veg, Chinese sausages and fish cakes, do not mix around. Cover and resume cooking.
- Mix everthing after the rice is cooked.
- Season to taste.