I've finally set up a Facebook Page for my blog! If you want to receive regular updates about my blog, feel free to go and Like me =) You will also find "sneak preview" pictures of recipes that will appear on my blog
eventually soon and also some behind the scenes pictures - pictures that you won't see on this blog. Thanks again for all your support! I was going to cook a pork with pineapple dish but canned lychee was all I had in my pantry. I had a huge plan for that can of lychee when I bought it but my craving for a sweet and sour pork dish won. So I gave up on that "plan" and made this delicious dish instead. To be honest, I've only had lychee in a savoury dish once, many years ago at a cafe-restaurant in KL, Malaysia. The dish was duck curry with lychee. How could anyone resist ordering a dish like that?! It was creamy, salty, sweet and flavourful. Duck curry and lychee is on my to-cook list and hopefully will be in my tummy soon and eventually appear on this blog too =) For now, a dish made with my favourite part of the pork - ribs!
- 650g pork ribs
- 1 can (567g wet weight, 255g drained) lychee in syrup
- 1 stalk lemongrass - bashed
- 2 cloves garlic - pressed
- 2 dried chili - with seeds
- 1 tbs vinegar
- 1 tbs Cheong Chan Thick Dark Soy Sauce (Thick Caramel Sauce)
- 1 tbs light soy sauce
- Drain lychee. Reserve syrup for later use.
- Pour syrup together with other ingredients into a pot.
- Bring to boil, lower heat and simmer until meat is tender and sauce is thickened (about 45 mins). Turn ribs every now and then to ensure even cooking.
- Add more light soy sauce to taste if needed.
- Mix in lychee, leave to cook for a few minutes.