Sad to say that I've used my my last batch of homemade gnocchi. I actually planned to serve this with a tomato-based meat sauce but since asparagus is in abundance now and it's Summer, I decided to make some light and more refreshing.
Ingredients: serves 2
- 2 portions Gnocchi
- 350g asparagus spears - ends snapped off and cut into 2 inches pieces
- 1/2 can corned beef
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs fried garlic
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Lemon juice
- Cook gnocchi in large pot of salted, boiling water until they float to the surface. Drain.
- Heat up butter and oil in a pan.
- Add corned beef, stir-fry until lightly browned.
- Add asparagus, stir-fry until tender.
- Mix in boiled gnocchi.
- Sprinkle fried garlic on gnocchi.
- Squeeze in a bit of lemon juice.
- Sprinkle some black pepper and serve!