I've finally finished all the egg whites! After making the cake with 20 egg yolks, I was left with an amazing amount egg whites. After making some meringues, I wanted to do something different, maybe something savoury for a change. The potato crust was really crispy and delicious, a nice change from the usual greasy and flaky pie crust. Although not as rich and creamy like quiche, this was light, and the cheesy crust added lots of flavour. All in all, a quick, simple, light and tasty meal!
- 1-2 medium potatoes (enough to line a baking dish) - thinly sliced
- 200g (about 6-7 eggs) egg whites
- 1/3 cup milk
- 250g salmon - cut into bite size
- 1 small head of broccoli - cut into florets/ small pieces
- 5 slices sun-dried tomatoes - coarsely chopped
- Parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a bowl, beat together egg whites, and milk. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C.
- Line a buttered/ greased baking dish with potatoes. Sprinkle some salt and pepper onto potatoes.
- Bake at 200°C for 15 mins.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle some cheese onto potato crust.
- Add broccoli, salmon and sun-dired tomatoes.
- Pour in egg white mixture.
- Sprinkle lots of cheese onto the mixture.
- Bake for about 20-30 mins or until the egg white is set.
- Switch oven to broil and broil until cheese crust is golden brown.