This is my 2nd favourite Chinese New Year cookie. First is always pineapple tarts of course (will be posting that recipe soon too). These babies are so sinfully buttery, they are crisp on the outside but tender on the inside...so good.
Made some with green tea powder. The colour is gorgeous before baking.
But not so much after. Tastes delicious though, love the slight bitter green tea aftertaste.
Ingredients: makes about 50 cookiesAdapted from Nasi Lemak Lover
- 200g unsalted butter - softened at room temperature
- 50g icing sugar
- 150g plain flour
- 50g corn flour
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extractDirections:
- Beat butter and icing sugar untill creamy.
- Sift in flour and corn flour, mix well until a soft dough is formed.
- Scoop dough into piping bag and pipe dough evenly on baking tray.
- Bake at pre-heated oven at 180°C for 13-15 minutes or sides are lightly browned.Comments:
- For green tea version, simply substitute plain flour with the same amount of green tea powder. I used 135g plain flour and 15g green tea powder.