I can't believe I haven't blogged about this recipe, I've been enjoying this for many years now. I got this recipe from some Taiwan entertainment news tv show. The host loved her friend's tamagoyaki recipe so much that she wanted to share it with the world. She actually invited her friend to cook on the set. Kind of random, but glad she did. It's one of my favourite egg recipe! She didn't mention how much seasonings to use, so everything is based on my own taste. I like my tamagoyaki sweeter, so I normally add more sugar or even mirin.
- 3 eggs
- Japanese furikake (Rice seasonings)
- Toasted sesame seeds
- ½ tsp (more or less to taste) sugar
- A pinch salt
- ½ tsp light soy sauce
- 2 tsp Hon-dashi seafood flavour seasoning
- Mirin (optional)
- Beat eggs in a bowl.
- Add A and mix well.
- Heat oil in pan, turn down the heat and pour 1/3 of the egg mixture in the pan.
- Tilt the pan till all the egg mixture is on one edge of the pan. Beat with chopsticks till 1/3 cook.
- Pour remaining egg mixture in the pan and spread evenly wrapping around the 1/3 cooked egg mixture.
- Sprinkle rice seasoning and sesame seeds on the new layer.
- When the new layer begins to set, fold it toward the top end of the pan.
- The middle should be slightly undercooked, but for sushi, I normally cook it through.