I have to admit that I have been very lazy lately. I try to cook really simple stuff when I get home from the lab, eat, shower then hide under the duvet and switch to semi-hibernation mode. I blame this on the gloomy weather and the cold. This is what I had tonight for dinner, a really simple omelette with rice. Easy and tasty. What do you normally cook when you feel hungry and lazy?
- 3 Eggs - lightly beaten with a pinch of salt and white pepper
- 5 slices sun-dried tomatoes (in oil) - coarsely choped
- 10 prawns - peeled and cooked
- A small bunch of parsley - coarsely chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat up a bit of oil in a small frying pan.
- Pour in beaten eggs.
- As the eggs begin to settle, use a spatula/ wooden spoon, push the eggs towards the center while tilting the pan to distribute runny parts. Continue this motion until eggs stop flowing.
- Distribute cooked prawns, tomatoes and parsley onto omelette.
- Sprinkle some freshly ground black pepper.
- Leave to cook until the edges/ bottom is browned.
- Fold omelette into half and serve.