After trying out the simple and delicious Caramelized Black Pepper Chicken, I couldn't wait to try out the other quick and easy recipes found in the 30 Best Fast Recipes Ever, Food & Wine website. This Lamb Chops with Spicy Thai Peanut Sauce recipe caught my eye because of the ingredients used - peanut butter (nutty and creamy..yum), Thai green curry paste (spicy, my fav), fish sauce (tasty!)...a combo of these would definitely yield a very tasty sauce and I was right, the sauce was so so tasty! I was so tempted to just down the whole saucepan of goodness. I added a bit of cordial for some extra sweetness and flavour. This sauce is extremely versatile, you can serve it with any kinds of grilled meat, use it as a dip or like I suggested - down it =P
Ingredients: serves 2
From 30 Best Fast Recipes Ever, Food & Wine website
- 500g (about 5 pieces) lamb steaks
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 handful parsley
- 1 handful coriander leaves
- 1/3 cup unsalted natural peanut butter
- 2 tbs peanut oil
- 2 tbs tomato ketchup
- 1 tbs Thai green curry paste
- 1 tbs fresh lime juice
- 1 tbs Asian fish sauce
- 1 tbs light soy sauce
- 1 tbs Lemongrass and Ginger Cordial (Bottlegreen brand)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 cup water
For peanut sauce:
- Place garlic, parsley and coriander leaves in a food processor, pulse until finely chopped.
- Add all other ingredients (except lamb steaks and water), pulse until a paste is formed.
- Mix together 3 tbs of peanut paste and lamb steaks.
- Pan fry lamb steaks (2 mins each side for pink in the middle).
- Whisk the rest of the peanut paste with 1/4 cup water in a saucepan. Warm sauce over low heat.
- Pour sauce over lamb steaks and enjoy! (I served it with some herb and paprika flavoured couscous)