I love instant sauces. I often buy jars of them and regret afterwards because I only use a couple of tablespoons for the dish I had in mind and don't know what to do with them after. Same goes for the Lee Kum Kee char siu sauce sauce I bought, I had char siu (Chinese barbequed pork) in mind when I bought it. I failed to make char siu cause I got distracted by Rasa Malaysia's Chinese-Style BBQ ribs. I used only 2 tbs for that and the rest of the jar has been neglected until now. Very wasteful I know, but these instant sauces aren't exactly very versatile, they have a very strong distinct taste and the wild boar will be complaining if I use one too often. The lazy me should really start making sauces from scratch...
- 1 turkey drumstick (about 700g)
- 1/3 cup Lee Kum Kee char siu sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup Shaoxing wine
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 tsp white pepper powder
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Place all ingredients in a pressure cooker and cook under pressure for about 25 mins.
- Drain sauce into a saucepan and reduce to slightly less than 3/4 cup.
- Brush the sauce all over the turkey drumstick and broil until browned.
- Flip over and repeat.
- Repeat the glazing steps about 4 times and broil until slightly charred.