I'm loving my homemade sambal belacan, it's so versatile I've been using it in almost everything. I am so tempted to make a sambal belacan dessert...just kidding..haha. But seriously, why not. I know people put chocolate in chili. I love chocolate in my Japanese curry, although the wild boar despised the idea. Maybe oneday when I am feeling adventurous..haha...that aside, here is another extreme easy dish cooked with my homemade sambal belacan. This time I made it creamy and it was soooo delicious with rice! Thanks again Lesley for your amazing sambal belacan recipe!
- 1 onion - cut into wedges
- 1 aubergine - cut into strips
- 3 tbs sambal belacan
- 1/3 cup coconut milk or milk
- Pan fry aubergine until all sides are browned. Leave aside for later use.
- Heat up a bit of oil in a pan, add onion and saute until translucent and soft.
- Add sambal belacan and milk, stir to mix.
- Mix in aubergine, leave to cook until sauce thickened.
- Serve with rice and enjoy!