I had the tastiest pesto pasta when I was back in Malaysia and ever since then, I had a huge craving for pesto pasta. It was the day's special at Cafe Uno and they cooked it with strips of tasty chicken and it was pretty spicy. So to satisfy my cravings, I made this dish but with roasted courgettes and prawns. Apart from roasting courgettes and pine nuts, this dish is very simple and satisfying.
Ingredients: serves 3-4
- Olive Oil
- 275g Penne
- 2 Courgettes - sliced
- 240g Ready Peeled & Cooked Prawns
- 1/2 cup Pine Nuts - toasted
- 4 tbs Pesto (your choice)
- Chilli flakes
- Black Pepper
- For roasted courgettes, toss sliced courgettes in olive oil and roast at 200°C until browned (~30 mins).
- Cook penne in a large pot of boiling water according to the pasta packaging instructions. Drain.
- In a pan, heat up a bit of olive oil.
- Add prawns and stir fry until prawns are heated up.
- Add in penne.
- Mix in pesto. Add more olive oil if pesto is too viscous and hard to mix.
- Toss in roasted courgettes and pine nuts.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle a bit of chilli flakes on pasta and enjoy!
I am sending this dish to Patsy who is hosting this week's Presto Pasta Night.
Family, Friends and Food: Presto Pasta Nights #113 Round-Up!!