This dish was inspired by Steamy Kitchen's sweet chili mayo and Fool For Food's salmon logs with mascarpone and chives filling and caviar topping. Jeff is not a big fan of cheese, so I decided to fill the smoked salmon rolls with a spicy mayo filling. I added a little bit of wasabi to the sweet chili mayo for a bit more kick and it was delicious.
- Smoked Salmon Strips
- Lemon wedges
Spicy Mayonnaise with Chives Filling:
- 3 tbs Kewpie Mayonnaise
- 1 tbs Sweet Thai Chili Sauce
- 1 tsp Wasabi Paste
- 1.5 tbs Chives - finely chopped
- Roll salmon strips forming a little hole in the middle for filling.
- Mix together all ingredients for the filling.
- Place filling into a piping bag and fill each salmon roll with spicy chives filling. Keep the rest of the filling and use as a dip!
- Chill, squeeze a little lemon juice on salmon rolls and serve!
- I used Japanese mayo as it somehow feels lighter than normal mayo. It's very creamy, sweeter and tastier.
I am submitting this to Lore's Original Recipes.