I tend to make more gravy when I cook Lu Rou as it's very tasty and can be used in normal stir fries. A simple dish that I cooked on Sunday using the leftover sauce from Saturday.
- 2 tubes Japanese egg tofu - sliced
- 200g minced pork
- 2 handful straw mushrooms
- 1 tbs minced garlic
- ~3 tbs Lu Rou sauce
- Light soya sauce
- 1/2 tsp corn starch
- Heat up about 1 tbs of oil in pan, fry egg tofu until both sides are slightly golden brown. Place on plate for later use.
- Sauté garlic.
- Add minced pork. Lightly fry.
- Mix in Lu Rou sauce and fry until pork is cooked. (Add water if you want more gravy.)
- Stir in straw mushrooms and fry until mushrooms are cooked.
- Pour on egg tofu.