- Unsalted Butter
- 400g Vanilla Custard
- 3 slices of White Bread
- 1/2 cup Dried Mixed Fruits
- Brown Sugar
- Lightly grease a baking dish.
- Spread butter on both sides of bread.
- Place a slice of bread on the baking dish. Sprinkle on some mixed fruits and pour 1/3 of custard on bread.
- Repeat this with all ingredients.
- Leave for about 30 mins allowing the bread to soak up the custard.
- Bake in a bain marie at 180°C for 45 mins.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle on some brown sugar over the surface, caramelise with a mini blowtorch. (optional step)
- Serve with ice-cream!
Bread and Butter Pudding
Wednesday, 29 October 2008
What to do with leftover bread and custard? Bread and butter pudding! I made a tiny bowl, just nice for the 3 of us but Jeff was not very satisfied. I used ready made custard from Waitrose which was really really good - very thick and creamy.