- 1 tbs Olive oil
- 450g Pork Sausages
- 1 Onion - finely diced
- Half bulb Garlic - minced
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 cup White wine
- 1 can canned Borlotti Beans - drained
- Black pepper
- 1 can canned Plum Tomatoes
- 1 tbs Concentrate Tomato Paste
- 4 slices Sun-Dried Tomatoes - sliced
- 2 sprigs Fresh Sage
- 3 Bay leaves
- Place all ingredients for tomato sauce in a pot. Bring to boil.
- Lower heat and leave to reduce until a thick sauce is formed (about 30 mins).
- In a pan, heat up olive oil. Brown sausages in pan. Toss every 1-2 mins to brown all sides. Remove and leave aside for later use.
- With the remaining oil in pan, sweat onions.
- Add in garlic and fry until fragrant.
- Pour in wine.
- Lay sausages in pan.
- Pour reduced tomato sauce over sausages.
- Sprinkle oregano and sugar.
- Cover and leave to simmer for about 30 mins.
- Mix in bortolli beans and leave to simmer for about 10 mins.
- Sprinkle on some grounded black pepper and serve.
Pork Sausages with Borlotti Beans Stew
Thursday, 11 September 2008