A soup that Jeff actually craves for and enjoys as it is extremely thick and tasty. I find it a bit too thick, so I usually treat it as a dip and eat with bread. Love it with toasted garlic bread.
- 1 can of Canned Chickpea in water
- 3 cloves Garlic - crushed
- 1 large Carrot - diced
- 1 Large Onion - diced
- 2 stalks Celery - diced
- 1 Chicken Stock cube
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 handful Coriander - coarsely chopped
- Pine nuts
- Fry onions, carrots and celery in olive oil until softened.
- Add in garlic and fry until fragrant.
- Empty the whole can of chickpea into the pot, add in water, stock cube, sugar and water. Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and leave to simmer for about 20 mins.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Blend soup with hand blender or pour soup into a liquidiser to blend. You can blend soup until smooth or leave some ingredients half blended. I prefer to leave some bits for texture.
- Stir in coriander and garnish with pine nuts.
- I usually add in 2-3 Bay leaves for its aroma but its tasty enough even without. Remember to remove the bay leaves before blending.
- To spice it up a little, I will add 1 tsp of tumeric powder.