- 300g fresh Spinach
- 4-5 Dried Chinese mushrooms - soaked
- 1 handful gei chi (枸杞, Chinese wolfberry)
- 2 slices Dried abalone - washed
- 4 large Dried Scallops - washed
- 1 handful Yu-zhu/Yuk-chuk (玉竹)
- 4 cups Water
- For superior broth, bring all ingredients to boil.
- Pour in softened mushrooms, lower heat and simmer for at least 30 mins.
- Mix in spinach and gei-chi, leave to cook until spinach is tender (about 3 mins).
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- I will add century eggs/ salted eggs in this dish if i have some in hand.
- Fried slices of garlic will make it very fragrant.