A dish we enjoy eating a lot! I make this at least once a fortnight as it's very easy to make and tasty!
- 400g Chicken - chopped into pieces
- 1 Egg
- 1-2 Chinese sausage - thinly sliced and fried
- 1 tbs Garlic - minced
- ~5 slices Ginger
- Spring onion - diced
- Salted fish
- Light soya sauce
- Dark soya sauce
- Kecap manis
- Oyster sauce
- Shaoxing wine
- Marinate chicken with A for at least 1 hr (I normally do this overnight)
- Cook rice like normal.
- Fry garlic and ginger until fragrant.
- Add in chicken and fry until half cooked.
- Pour chicken and gravy into rice pot when rice starts steaming.
- Mix in beaten egg when rice is cooked.
- Stir in chinese sausage.
- Add more oyster sauce and pepper to taste.
- Serve with spring onions and salted fish.
- Nowadays I just cook this dish in a non-stick pot on the stove. Simply because it's easy to scrape off the burnt rice (yum yum!) and easy to clean!
- Kicap manis is a new addition to the marinade. Adds another level of sweetness and taste to the dish. Loving this new addition!
- I enjoy eating this even without the addition of an egg but Jeff insist that an egg must always be added to this dish...fine.
- I usually beat the egg with a bit of oyster sauce before mixing in with rice. Mixing in the egg directly makes the rice a bit mushy and soggy. So what I normally do is fry the egg in another non-stick wok and mix in the rice when the egg is half cooked.