For the balsamic onions:
- 600g potatoes - cut into large cubes
- 1 can of canned tuna - drained
- 1-2 tbs mayonnaise
- Black pepper
- 1/4 cup + 1/2 cup (or more) cheese - grated
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 large onion - diced
- 2 tbs balsamic vinegar
- Boil potatoes in water+salt until softened. Drain.
- For the balsamic onions, fry onions in olive oil under low heat until softened. Add balsamic vinegar and cook until syrupy. Leave aside for later use.
- Mix together potatoes, balsamic onions, tuna, 1/4 cup of cheese and mayonnaise.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place in a baking dish.
- Sprinkle on 1/2 cup of cheese (or more).
- Bake at 200ºC until cheese is melted/ browned.
Tuna Potato and Balsamic Onions baked with Cheese
Friday, 18 July 2008