A: chopped into small cubes
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbs milk or cream
- 1 pinch + 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsb tomato paste (optional)
- Olive oil
- 1 handful cheddar cheese
- 1 onion
- 1 stalk of celery
- 1/2 red pepper
- 3 small tomatoes - seeds removed
- Sweat A in oil and butter with a pinch of salt.
- Mix black pepper, tomato paste and sugar to A, remove and leave aside for later use.
- Beat eggs with milk. Mix in ½ tsp salt and white pepper.
- Heat up frying pan.
- Add butter and allow to melt under low heat.
- Add in egg mixture when the butter is fully liquefied.
- Do not stir immediately and leave eggs to settle.
- As the eggs begin to settle, use a spatula/ flat wooden spoon, push the eggs towards the center while tilting the pan to distribute runny parts. Continue this until eggs stop flowing.
- Sprinkle cheese on eggs and leave to cook for about 2 mins or until the bottom is brown.
- Place cooked A on one half side of the omelette.
- Slowly slide omelette to a serving plate.
- Flip the side without A to cover the side with A.
- Serve with tomato sauce.
Friday, 18 July 2008