- 500g chicken
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 potato
- 1 tbs minced garlic
- ½ cup Shaoxing wine
- 2 dried chilli
- 1 whole bitter gourd - sliced
- 1 tbs Taucu minced bean paste (碎豆醬)
- 1 tbs +1 tbs dried black beans (豆豉)
- 1 tbs oyster sauce
- 1 tsp or more sugar
- 1 tsp pepper
- Soya sauce
- Soak and boil bitter gourd as mentioned here.
- Heat up oil and sauté garlic and onions till soft.
- Add in chicken and taucu minced bean paste fry till slightly brown.
- Add in other ingredients, 1 tbs of the dried black beans and enough water to cover half of the ingredients, simmer on medium heat for about 20-30 mins or until chicken is cooked.
- Lastly, toss in the other 1 tbs of dried black beans, add soya sauce and pepper to taste and serve.
Braised Bitter Gourd Chicken (苦瓜焖鸡) II
Sunday, 6 July 2008