I crave for fried rice ever so often. It's like my comfort food - a simple yet very satisfying dish. Fried rice with tomato sauce is one of my favourite version of fried rice. Just add whatever leftover ingredients you have in your fridge, fry and enjoy!
Ingredients: serves 2
- 1 ½ cups cooked rice
- 2 eggs + ½ tbs oyster sauce – beaten
- ½ can spam – cut into cubes
- ½ cup ham – chopped into small pieces
- 1 cup cabbage – chopped into thin strips
- ½ red chilli – sliced (optional)
- Tomato sauce
- Oyster sauce
- Fry spam until golden brown.
- Add in ham, stir fry lightly.
- Mix in cabbage, ½ tbs oyster sauce and chilli.
- Add 1-2 tbs of water and stir fry until cabbage is cooked.
- Place all ingredients in a plate for later use.
- Heat up oil in pan, add eggs.
- Mix in rice.
- Add tomato sauce (a lot of it, just squeeze your heart out!) and 1 tbs oyster sauce, mix evenly.
- Add more tomato sauce/ oyster sauce/ pepper to taste.
- Mix in other ingredients.
- Ketchup and oyster sauce go really well together, just like tom yum and soya sauce.