We had steak with wild mushroom sauce the day after chicken chop cause Jeff wanted steak and I wanted to eat the mushroom sauce again. Added a knob of butter into the wild mushroom sauce this time and it was more fragrant.
- 2 slices (~250g each) Sirloin (~3/4 inch thick)
- Coarsely ground black peppercorn
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Thaw sirloins to room temperature 1 hr before cooking.
- Sprinkle salt on both sides.
- Coat both sides with black pepper.
- Heat butter and olive oil in pan.
- Place steak in pan when oil in pan starts smoking (do not overheat pan).
- Flip over after 1 min.
- Remove after 1 min.
- Cover with foil and let it rest.
- Pour away excess oil/ butter after frying steak. Toss the asparagus in leftover oil/ butter. Sprinkle a bit of salt and pepper. Serve with steak.