- 1½ cups cooked rice
- 2-3 tbs dried black beans (豆豉)
- 3 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 onion - diced
- 1 red chilli - sliced
- ¾ cup mixed vegetable
- ¾ cup fish cakes – cut into cubes
- 2 crab sticks – cut into cubes
- Soya sauce
- Sauté garlic, black beans and onion with oil.
- Add chili and fry till fragrant.
- Add in mixed vegetable. Lightly fry.
- Mix in fish cakes and vegetables, stir fry until vegetables are soft.
- Remove all from heat, leave aside for later use.
- Heat oil in pan, add in rice. Lightly fry.
- Crack eggs into pan and fry with rice.
- Mix in previously fried ingredients into egg fried rice when egg is cooked and dry.
- Add soya sauce and sugar to taste. (really nice with sweet dark soya sauce (kicap manis) too!)
Black Bean Fried Rice
Thursday, 26 June 2008