- 500g drumstick – deboned
- About 2 cups Shaoxing wine (enough to cover chicken)
- Aluminum foilDipping sauce:
- Spring onion
- Ginger – minced
- Garlic – minced
- Sprinkle salt onto deboned chicken drumstick then roll up chicken with skin facing outward.
- Wrap in aluminium foil and steam on high heat for about 30 minutes.
- Unfold foil (save gravy in foil for dipping sauce) and soak chicken rolls in ice cold water for about 3 mins. Drain and dry chicken rolls.
- Place chicken in a Tupperware and pour shaoxing wine in until cover chicken rolls.
- Soak overnight.
- Heat up gravy in foil.
- Remove from heat and combine with A.
- For the dipping sauce, the amount of garlic and ginger depends on how much sauce you want. I used about 1 tablespoon each of minced garlic and ginger for the tiny bowl as seen in the picture.
- In my opinion, the garlic taste of dipping sauce was too strong. My fiancé liked it cause he loves raw garlic and ginger. Perhaps need to sauté the garlic and ginger a bit beforehand. It would be more fragrant.