- 500g Chicken – chopped into pieces
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- ~5 slices of ginger
- 2 stalks spring onions - cut into 1.5 inch pieces
- 1 tbs oyster sauce
- 1 tbs Light soya sauce
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tbs Sugar
- 1 cup + 1 tbs Shaoxing wine
- Sauté ginger and spring onions with sesame oil until fragrant.
- Add in chicken, and stir fry until chicken is slightly browned.
- Add in 1 cup of Shaoxing wine and the rest of A, cover lid and simmer until chicken is cooked and gravy thickened.
- Add salt to taste.
- Remove from heat, drizzle on 1 tbs Shaoxing wine.
Shaoxing Drunken Chicken (绍兴醉鸡) II
Sunday, 1 June 2008
Did another version of Shaoxing drunken chicken earlier this week. This is much more straightforward as compared to the cold version. I usually add black fungus to this dish, but ran out of it.