- 500 g chicken – chopped into pieces
- 1 tbs oil
- 1 large onion – cut into wedges
- 1 large carrot
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tbs Char Siew sauce
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp chilli oil
- 1 tbs Sesame seeds
- Heat up oil in pan.
- Pan fry chicken until golden brown. Remove for later use.
- Discard oil in pan, leaving just a bit to sauté onions.
- Sauté onions and carrots with a pinch of salt until soft.
- Toss in chicken.
- Stir fry with char siew sauce and dark soy sauce until well mixed.
- Add in a bout ½ cup of water and cook until sauce thickens.
- Mix in chilli oil.
- Serve with sesame seeds.
Sesame Chicken with Char Siew Sauce
Tuesday, 13 May 2008